- Spending too much time and energy on what or who we *don’t* want our kids to become.
- Focusing more on behavioral issues over character development.
- Expecting more from kids than what is developmentally appropriate. The parent needs to be the adult, not the kid.
- Mature parents raise mature kids. Immature parents raise immature kids. Truth is we are all both mature and immature parents.
- Trying to accomplish too much too quickly.
- Saying more than doing. Kids don’t listen as much to words as they do to actions.
- Not letting kids fail and/or succeed … which confronts that mom/dad are sometimes right, and sometimes wrong.
The way we heal the wounds in our lives is to tell the story. Tell the story of your harm over and over again until you are no longer limited and harmed by what has Read more…